As we begin the month of May, the State-wide Corona virus trends continue to point downwards. In Mackinac County, the daily case rate of about 2 per day has remained steady, and the number of deaths has remained at 3 for quite a while. About 36% of the county’ residents have received at least one dose of the vaccines.
While our county has remained low in cases, we are aware that persons arriving from other parts of the State or other States, my not be in as risk-free of an area. We urge you, if you come from such an area, to maintain basic self-care and practice consistent health efforts—wear a mask, social distance, wash hands, etc.—and be conscious of your interactions with residents.
* Almost all businesses require a mask upon entering.
* Indoor dining at restaurants is restricted to 50% capacity.
* Consider that you attend home indoor gatherings only with immediate family members if you are immune compromised or feel at risk..
* The post office allows one customer at the main counter at a time. Others must wait in the lobby or outside.
* The Township offices are open, but wearing a mask is required upon entry.
* Outdoor recreation is abundant, and the harbors and launch sites are open.
* The Memorial Day celebration at the cemetery will begin at 11 am.
Keep in mind our local hospitals are small and should you become ill with Covid, you could be transferred to a hospital downstate.
We look forward hopefully for a relaxing, refreshing summer and seeing good friends. Above all, use good sense in your travels in and about town. Slowing down works wonders for all of us.